MERLOT Voices

Putting Educational Innovations into Practice.

Use this discussion forum to introduce yourself to other participants. Don't forget, we have people attending the live sessions, working asynchronously, and doing the self-study.

Tell us about your career, what you teach, where you're located, and any other fun facts. You may find out you have a lot in common with some of the others.

Don't forget to check back to see what people say.

Also, you can pose any questions here, as they are answered immediately and they can be shared with the others.

Views: 43

Replies to This Discussion

Permalink Reply by Beth Case on July 16, 2020 at 2:39pm

Hello, everyone! I hope I'm entering this is the right place!

I'm Beth Case and I'm an Instructional Designer at the University of Louisville. I specialize in making sure that online courses are accessible to students with disabilities.

I also teach adjunct at West Kentucky Community and Technical College where I teach Psychology -- Intro, Developmental, and Psychology of Aging. I've been teaching on and off as an adjunct at various places for the past 28 (gasp!) years. 

Fun facts? Hmmm... Well, I started learning fiddle about a year and a half ago. I also used to be a sign language interpreter. I finished my doctorate a couple of years ago at age 51. I'm sure there's more stuff, but I can't think of anything right now! 

Hi everyone, I hope you are fine in this difficult days.

I'm Hernán Garritano, Associate Profesor in Buenos Aires at Austral University focus on Strategic Finance.  I developed courses on mathematical finance, corporate finance 1 (basic topics) and 2 (advanced topics), intenational finance, project finance, project management and financial modelling.

I'm doing my PhD, I finished and approved all the courses, therefore I have to publish 3 accademic paper in order to accomplish the requirements to fullfil the program.

I'm not so fluent writting in english language, so in one hand, I appologies since now for my mistakes, and in the other hand I kindly ask you to help me to improve.  We are all, and always, a community of learners!

I have a BSc (Accountant), a Master in Finance, an MBA, and I'm also certified PMP by the PMI.

I worked in different industries, and in different funtional areas. In case that you need more information, please visit https://www.linkedin.com/in/hernangarritano/

My hobbie is photography and yoga, my way to stop doing activities (professional and accademic ones) and connect with myself.

I'm glad to be part of MERLOT, don't hesitate to contact me in case that you need it!

Hola, Hernan:

I think your English is quite good (muy bueno). I think your work experience will provide a great deal of insight into some of the resources we have in MERLOT, so we're happy to have you. I'm sure with the current pandemic, you've been doing a lot of yoga.

Thanks Cathy, glad to be part of your team.

RSS

© 2024   Created by MERLOT.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service